Sunday, July 3, 2011

Moving Madness

We have had a crazy last 2 weeks! Here is a brief recap to catch you up.

The movers were scheduled at 8 am on the 17th. They did not get to our house until 9 pm. I had packed up every single thing earlier that morning. To say I had one cranky baby would be a huge understatement.

We got a hotel that night since it was too late to start driving and got up at 6 the next morning to hit the road. Michael ended up driving the whole way without stopping. We got in Houston at 2 am Sunday morning. Such a long car ride but Kane was amazing!

Michael took his 2 day Step 3 test.

We celebrated father's day and Michael's 29th birthday the following day.

Michael's mom celebrated her 55th birthday with us at Tiny Boxwoods.

My brother broke his femur in 2 places and his proximal tibia. We all rushed to the hospital for his emergency surgery.

I broke my big toe. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my toe nail doesn't fall off. So disgusting.

Michael started his 2nd residency year! Bye bye intern year! We will not miss you!

The movers arrived with our stuff a week after leaving Cincinnati. Thank goodness I marked all the boxes and kept inventory because the "stickers" they claimed to have to separate the loads were all gone.

I had to leave during the middle of the movers unloading and found out the next day they forgot a few boxes and our file cabinet on their truck. They were already on their way out of state, but they turned around and delivered it a few days later.

The day before the movers were due to unload our stuff their truck broke down and delayed them.

I went to the grocery store to stock up our fridge and freezer before the movers arrived and found out the next day the fridge broke and every item I bought soured. Awesome! I love wasting $200!

Our AC went out last night at 9. Perfect timing since no one will be able to come out until Tuesday. Don't you love when stuff like that happens?

Despite the rocky last two weeks we are thrilled to be home and living in Houston. I forgot how much I love living in the city. Every store I love is literally just a few miles away from my doorstep. Pure bliss!

Yesterday morning we went to Lulu's house for a parade. It was so much fun!

Hope you have a happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. Yay ur back!!! I'm Maria w thecrazycastros (Mer's real life friend) contact us so that we can meet up soon;)
    chloec@peoplepc.com
    Maria
    We moved in April soooo I feel ur pain( it gets better)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a crazy couple of weeks! i hope you are settling in okay now! being in the city is the absolute best - i never want to leave! welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my sweet friend; the past two weeks have been crazy for you but they are over now! I have missed you guys! So glad your back! I was thinking about taking CG to the circus and wanted to get with you and Chelsea. Lets plan a date soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you guys have been going through it. Hope things are looking up and that toe nail is still hanging on! :) Happy 4th sweet Kane!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity