Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Message From Your Father

Kane- It is so late and I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. I just have too much on my mind right now. I am thinking about so many different things. I am wondering when you will be here for me to hold you, I am thinking about how crazy/cool it is for me to be not only a dad, but your dad. I can't help to think about the future and what you will be like. I want you to be my golfing buddy and I am really looking forward to teaching you all the cool stuff I have picked up over the years. I have so many different emotions and thoughts when I think about you, Kane. I am so happy to have you coming into my life. The night before my Dad went to heaven, he and I talked about you. My father was excited that your mom and I were planning on getting married and having you. While I am so sad that he will never see you or hold you just know he would have loved you so very much. You are going to be too young to remember, but you will be there when we honor him at the Rose Bowl a couple of months after you are born. We will take a lot of pictures so that when you are old enough you can see what it was like. It brings tears to my eyes because you would have loved him so much. Although he is gone, your mom and I are going to do our best to be there for you and give you everything we have to give.

A few things you are going to learn about me: 1) I love fast/exotic cars 2) I love golf 3) I am passionate about life. At minimum you are going to have to love golf and be passionate for life. I think you will like the fast cars (if you really are my son). I already of a list of places we are going to play including: St. Andrews(Scotland), Pebble Beach(Calif.), Old Head(Ireland), Valderrama(Spain), Cabo del Sol(Mexico) and if I get lucky Augusta National(Georgia). I don't care if you are good or not, I just want to be able to have that time to watch you grow and mature and talk about life's journey like my dad and I did. Just as long as you don't let uncle Matthew teach you anything about the golf swing you should be able to a good player (you will learn quickly of his Sputnik ball).







[These pics are of some of the golf courses I want to play with you]

Kane, we are going to have a blast together I can promise you that. Your mother and I are going to love you so much and we are counting the days until you get here. Don't be surprised by the craziness that is your room, your mom went all-out and then some. She also went bananas on your clothes too, but I digress. You have an army of people who are going to love you and take care of you. I am still up after being awake for nearly 24 hrs just so anxious for you to get here and what the future holds. I love you.


Michael


P.S.- here are some of the cars you will be sure to love:





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity